Free personal tax preparation services for eligible individuals through Flamborough Connects’ volunteer income tax program.
Available to anyone who lives in Flamborough, including people from Waterdown, Carlisle, Freelton, Millgrove, Lynden, Greensville, Rockton, and more.
Individuals with income under $35,000.00, plus $2,500.00 for each dependent child.
Couples with income under $45,000.00, plus $2,500 for each dependent child.
Volunteers do not prepare complex returns, such as returns for individuals who:
- Have self-employment income
- Have a business or rental income and expenses
- Have capital gains or losses
- Have employment expenses
- File for bankruptcy
- Are deceased within the year
How it works:
Due to COVID-19, we are offering this service remotely. Flamborough Connects will complete an intake form with you over the phone. We will send it to our volunteer team who will follow up with you over the phone to collect things like the numbers on your income receipt slips. Volunteers will electronically file your income tax and a hard copy will be available for pick up at the FC office.
Drop-off appointments can be accommodated upon request.
Be sure to have the following ready for when a volunteer calls:
- All receipts of income and last year’s tax return
- Salary, wage; Interest income; Pension, annuity income; Registered retirement income; Canada Savings Bond interest; Old age security; Social assistance payments; Worker’s Compensation benefits; Employment insurance benefits
- Rent information
- All receipts for expenses
- child care expenses; medical expenses; charitable donations; property taxes or rent; donations; tuition fees
- Also, if you are married, or common-law, you must provide your spouse’s income and social insurance number.
This is a great service for people of all ages. Students, teens, adults, and seniors!
To get started please call 905 689 7880 or fill in the contact us form on this page.