By Mac Christie News Editor Friday, December 29, 2023 Flamborough Connects delivers more joy than
Safety & Security
Bringing people and resources together for 45 years.
Services to help inform and protect residents from physical, mental and social harms.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Seniors Guidebook to Safety and Security– This guide is for seniors, their family members, care-givers, friends, and anyone else who may find it useful. It is not meant to include everything but tries to answer some common concerns when it comes to seniors’ safety and security. Our goal is to raise awareness of seniors’ safety issues to improve their quality of life.
Hamilton Fire Department
Alarmed and Ready – homeowners who have challenges with installing or maintaining home alarms due to physical or mental health, age or financial concerns, can request a Firefighter to come to their home by appointment to check, install or maintain alarms at no charge. Call 905-546-3382
Hamilton Police Service
Distress Services – for people facing mental or emotional crises
- Canada Suicide Prevention Service – 24/7 help by phone 1-833-456-4566 or text 4pm to midnight at 45645
- Kids Help Phone – 24/7 access to a trained responder on any issues you face
1-800-668-6868; text 686868; chat on Facebook Messenger
- Good2Talk – 24/7 text and phone help for Post-secondary students – 1-866-925-5454 or text GOOD2TALKON to 686868
- ONTX – Ontario Online and Text Crisis Service – online chat or text 258258; 2pm to 2am ET
- COAST Hamilton – 24/7 help for anyone experiencing a mental health crisis – 905-972-8338
Emergency Shelters are available in Hamilton for families, women, men and youth.
Medical Alerts – for people who live alone and have health and/or mobility issues to be able to get help quickly in the event of an accident or illness and notify emergency personnel of their conditions.
- Medic Alert – Medical Identification Products 1-800-668-1507
- Connect Care – 1-800-665-7853
- Life Call Medical Alert – 1-800-845-9858
- Philips Lifeline – 1-866-983-3649
- Safe Guard – 1-866-900-0205
Consumer Protection Ontario – provides information about a variety of business interactions and how to protect yourself. You can also learn your rights under the Consumer Protection Act and file a consumer complaint. Call 1-800-889-9768
Signup for our newsletter to keep you up to date!
In The News
Citywide program will be changed to subsidy model Although the City of Hamilton’s Snow Angels