Safety & Security
Bringing people and resources together for over 40 years.
Services to help inform and protect residents from physical, mental and social harms.
Hamilton Fire Department
Alarmed and Ready – homeowners who have challenges with installing or maintaining home alarms due to physical or mental health, age or financial concerns, can request a Firefighter to come to their home by appointment to check, install or maintain alarms at no charge. Call 905-546-3382
Hamilton Police Service
Distress Services – for people facing mental or emotional crises
- Canada Suicide Prevention Service – 24/7 help by phone 1-833-456-4566 or text 4pm to midnight at 45645
- Kids Help Phone – 24/7 access to a trained responder on any issues you face
1-800-668-6868; text 686868; chat on Facebook Messenger
- Good2Talk – 24/7 text and phone help for Post-secondary students – 1-866-925-5454 or text GOOD2TALKON to 686868
- ONTX – Ontario Online and Text Crisis Service – online chat or text 258258; 2pm to 2am ET
- COAST Hamilton – 24/7 help for anyone experiencing a mental health crisis – 905-972-8338
Emergency Shelters are available in Hamilton for families, women, men and youth.
Medical Alerts – for people who live alone and have health and/or mobility issues to be able to get help quickly in the event of an accident or illness and notify emergency personnel of their conditions.
- Medic Alert – Medical Identification Products 1-800-668-1507
- Connect Care – 1-800-665-7853
- Life Call Medical Alert – 1-800-845-9858
- Philips Lifeline – 1-866-983-3649
- Safe Guard – 1-866-900-0205
Consumer Protection Ontario – provides information about a variety of business interactions and how to protect yourself. You can also learn your rights under the Consumer Protection Act and file a consumer complaint. Call 1-800-889-9768
Signup for our newsletter to keep you up to date!