Available Volunteer Positions
Visit the Flamborough Connects Gigit Community page to apply for volunteer opportunities.
The following are organizations that have an immediate need for volunteers:
Flamborough Volunteer Appreciation – Volunteer
General help with the volunteer appreciation event. All volunteers receive free admission. All students are welcome to help with this event and hours will count towards their 40 hours required to graduate.
Visit the Flamborough Volunteer Appreciation page for volunteer opportunities.
Flamborough Connects – Volunteer Board Director Secretary
Flamborough Connects brings people and resources together. FC links individuals and community agencies with each other by offering information, referral, counseling services and front-line programs. FC actively participates in community and shares knowledge, experience and expertise across every sector of the non-profit community. FC assists other non-profit agencies to support their volunteer needs by offering volunteer support services.
The Board of Directors meets the third Wednesday evening of the month. Board members are expected to attend no less than 7 meetings annually and participate in FC events and on committees as needed. Board directors are required to commit to a minimum 2-year term.
Board director skills and role requirements:
• Specific skills, knowledge, education and/or professional or academic credentials in areas that benefit FC goals and needs as they evolve
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of how volunteerism shapes and strengthens community
• Commitment to attend FC events and participate in activities
• Computer skills adequate for role
• Knowledge of Flamborough community
Duties of secretary:
• Take and post/distribute all board meeting and AGM minutes
• Draft agendas, collect and post/distribute all monthly meeting and AGM documents
• Manage board correspondence, planning and notifications of meetings etc
• Manage Flamborough Connects Board of Directors shared Dropbox folder
• With board input, update and/or revise policy and governance documents and bylaws
The secretary role is supported by the executive director and chair. Overall monthly commitment, including board meetings is approximately 5-7 hours.
Benefits of participating:
• Orientation and support provided to all new board members
• Opportunities for professional development and increased skills
• Invitation to all FC special events and annual volunteer appreciation
• Professional networking opportunities while working with others with similar interests
• Goal fulfillment by directly affecting positive outcomes in the community
• Letter of reference
For more information on our organization, please visit our website: www.flamboroughconnects.ca. To be considered for the role, forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Millgrove Cemetery Board is looking for 2-3 volunteers that are interested in helping clean old headstone and straightening ones that are leaning. (Millgrove SideRd and Concession 5 West)