Welcome to the holiday season and please join Flamborough Connects as it launches the annual
Bringing people and resources together for 45 years.
Volunteer Opportunity - Board Director
Join Flamborough Connects and bring people and resources together. The board of Flamborough Connects is reaching out to West Flamborough individuals with a keen interest in sharing their time and lending their expertise to a charitable organization that has been facilitating community service programming for 45 years.
FC links individuals and community agencies with each other by offering information, referral, counseling services and front-line programs. FC actively participates in community and shares knowledge, experience and expertise across every sector of the non-profit community.
The Board of Directors meets the second Wednesday evening of the month. Board members are expected to attend no less than 7 meetings annually and participate in FC events and on committees as needed. Board directors are required to commit to a minimum 2-year term that is renewable.
Board director skills and role requirements:
· Specific skills, knowledge, education and/or professional credentials in areas that benefit FC goals
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an inclusive mindset
· Understanding of how volunteerism shapes and strengthens community
· Commitment to attend FC events and participate in activities
· Computer skills adequate for role
· Knowledge of Flamborough community – particularly Freelton, Millgrove, Rockton, Sheffield, Beverly etc
Examples of board roles
· Executive roles: Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Secretary
· Strategic planning and governance
· Fundraising and donor relations
· Community outreach and publicity
· IT and website development
Board directors are supported by the executive director and chair. Overall monthly commitment, including board meetings is approximately 5-7 hours per month.
Benefits of participating:
· Orientation and support provided to all new board members
· Opportunities for professional development and increased skills
· Invitation to all FC special events and annual volunteer appreciation
· Professional networking opportunities while working with others with similar interests
· Goal fulfillment by directly affecting positive outcomes in community
· LinkedIn recommendation and or letter of reference after one year of service
To be considered for the role, forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Signup for our newsletter to keep you up to date!